- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips (rounded cup)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all ingredients except chips until just combined.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat until hot and lightly brush with additional oil.
- Working in batches, pour a scant 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle and sprinkle each pancake with about 1 1/2 teaspoons chips.
- Cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden-brown, about 1 minute.
- Flip with a spatula and cook other side, about 1 minute more (Lightly oil griddle between batches.).