Recipe by Suzanne P
What a great excuse for chocolate in the morning. This recipe came from a King Arthur Flour catalog long ago - I get rave reviews everytime I make them. So, go ahead, have chocolate for breakfast!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chips (i use the mini-chips)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon orange oil or 2 tablespoons orange zest
- additional sugar, to sprinkle on top
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg,and orange oil or peel until light.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir together for 20 seconds, or only until ingredients are just moist.
- If you see lumps, it is OK to leave them.
- Lightly grease cups of 12-cup muffin pan and fill each 2/3 full w/batter.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar over each for a crunchy, sugary crust.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 18 to 20 mins.