Time does not include 1 hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- peel of 1 orange, finely grated
- 1Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- 2In a separate mixing bowl, cream the sugars, shortening, butter, vanilla, and orange juice.
- 3Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- 4Add the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 5Stir in the chocolate chips, nuts and grated orange peel.
- 6Chill at least 1 hour.
- 7Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 8Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly buttered cookie sheet.
- 9Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- 10Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1989 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1826.0
- Calories from Fat 867
- Total Fat 96.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.7 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 681.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 241.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 176.3 g
- Protein 18.6 g