1/2 Photos of Orange Chocolate Chip Bread
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this slightly tweaked recipe was found in the 2008 cookbook, Taste of Home Baking Classics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large orange, zest of, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup water, boiling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & grease an 8"x4" loaf pan.
- 2In a small bowl, combine orange zest, orange juice & boiling water & let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- 4In another bowl, beat together the egg, butter & vanilla, then when the OJ mixture is ready, add that to this mixture, before stirring this mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- 5Fold in the chocolate chips, then pour into the prepared loaf pan & bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 6Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan & putting it upright on the wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chocolate Chip Bread
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 141.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g