Prep 30 mins
Cook 48 hrs
Chocolate and orange .... yummm
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely shredded orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil. Lightly grease foil; set pan aside.
- For crust: Stir together crushed graham crackers and 1/4 c sugar. Mix in 1/3 c butter. Press evenly onto bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- For filling: Beat cream cheese and brown sugar until mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in concentrate, peel, vanilla and salt. Reserve 1 cup filling in bowl; set aside.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter over very low heat; stir often. Cool. Stir into reserved filling. Carefully spread over crust. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Carefully pour remaining filling over baked chocolate layer; spread evenly. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until just set in center. Remove from oven; cool 30 minutes. Combine sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar. Cover; let stand at room temperature while bars cool.
- Spread sour cream mixture on bars. Cool. Refrigerate several hours or overnight before cutting. If desired, sprinkle with ground cinnamon before cutting into bars. Store, covered, in refrigerator.