Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From cooking light Posting for safe keeping
Make and share this Orange Chipotle-Spiced Pecan Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Preheat oven to 225°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in pecans. Combine sugar, salt, and pepper. Add to pecan mixture; toss well. Spread mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 225° for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; cool completely. Stir in cranberries.
- Note: Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Lovely combination of flavors. Great snack or cocktail appetizer. I may add a bit more orange zest and brown sugar next time. Thank you for the recipe. Made for PRMR Holiday special.
Oh boy - I need more than 5 stars for this recipe! These are terrific nuts - sweet, lightly spicy, perfect with the addition of the dried cranberries. Great with cocktails or anytime - just loved them - thanks for sharing your recipe!
10/16: I have made this yesterday to send to my parents as a weekend surprise. I was amazed at how easy everything was to put together and at how good the readily roasted nuts smelled. If their aroma is anything to go by, these will be 5 stars for sure. Ill update my review and assign stars as soon as my parents tell me how well they liked this. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this superb recipe with us, Wickety! Made and reviewed for Everyday Is A Holiday Tag Game Octobre 09. Update: My parents raved about these nuts. They arrived in perfect shape and my parents thought they were perfect as is, but also that they would like to try adding even more chili pepper for extra heat next time. A THANK YOU for sharing out to you, wickety from them also.