Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Beef Council.
Make and share this Orange Chipotle Skirt Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks, cut into 4 - 6-inch pieces
- 2 medium oranges, divided
- 2 cups chopped tomatillos (4 - 5 small to medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from chipotle peppers)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Grate 1/2 teaspoon peel from 1 orange. Cut this orange and half of remaining orange into segments. Chop segments into 1/2-inch pieces. Combine orange peel and segments, tomatillos, onion, chipotle peppers, cumin and salt in medium bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut remaining 1/2 orange into wedges; reserve for garnish.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade and season with salt, if desired. Place steaks on oiled grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steaks diagonally across the grain into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with tomatillo salsa. Garnish with reserved orange wedges.