Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Clean Eating magazine's website.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- juice 1 medium navel orange (1/3 cup orange juice)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4 packed cup chopped cilantro leaf
- In a small bowl, combine chile powder, cumin and 1/4 tsp salt. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet to medium-high. Tilt skillet to coat bottom lightly. Season both sides of chicken with chile-cumin mixture and cook for 3 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add orange juice and maple syrup to juice and bits left in skillet and cook for 1 minute to thicken slightly (until it measures 1/4 cup liquid), stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in chipotle chiles in adobo sauce and orange zest. Add chicken back to skillet, return to heat and cook for 1 minute on medium-high, turning constantly.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, cilantro and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Serve chicken over rice and spoon any excess glaze over top chicken pieces.