1/1 Photo of Orange Chili Roasted Turkey
4 hrs 20 mins
A great new flavor for roasting turkeys. Using an injector will make the turkey super moist. The amounts given here are for an 18 pound turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove giblets and neck from turkey, reserve for gravy.
- 2Rinse turkey with cold running water and drain well.
- 3Blot dry with paper towels inside and out.
- 4Preheat oven to 325° degrees.
- 5Reduce orange juice down to 1 cup.
- 6Melt margarine with chili powder and garlic powder.
- 7Mix in reduced orange juice.
- 8Cool slightly.
- 9Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large shallow (about 2 1/2" deep) roasting pan.
- 10Use an injector to inject the mixture into the turkey, especially in the meaty parts of the breast and thighs (see photo).
- 11Sprinkle inside and out with salt and pepper.
- 12Insert an oven safe meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, being careful the pointed end of the thermometer does not touch the bone.
- 13Roast turkey in a pre-heated, 325° F oven.
- 14Loosely cover with aluminum foil to prevent over browning, remove foil during last hour and a half of cooking time.
- 15Continue to roast until thermometer registers 180 degrees F in the thigh, or 170 degrees F in the breast.
- 16Remove turkey from the oven and allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chili Roasted Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.5
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 218.0 mg
- Sodium 350.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 66.0 g