Recipe by SD Chic
We prefer to cook these shrimp with the shell on, but shelled shrimp work great too.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon red chili paste
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 scallions, green parts only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs extra-large shrimp, deveined (16 to 20-count size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the orange juice, cilantro, chili paste, olive oil, garlic, scallion, chipotle, and salt in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and blend until smooth. Should be a thick consistency.
- Place the shrimp in a resealable freezer bag and pour the orange juice mixture over the shrimp.
- Chill in a refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours but no longer.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat until they are opaque in the centers, 3 to 4 minutes per side.