Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious. Best with boneless, skinless thighs, but any chicken pieces will work.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts or combination)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Arrange chicken in a 13" x 9" baking dish. Sprinkle with the chopped onion, red pepper and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, chili sauce, beans, rum, cumin, pepper, salt, and cilantro; mix well. Pour evenly over chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes or until chicken is done.
This was very good! I halved the recipe and used orange bell pepper (had on hand) and parsley in place of cilantro. I think I could have used the full can of beans instead of half, but then I love black beans (will use the rest for something else!) Decided about half-way through the bake time to make some rice to serve with, so threw together recipe #36346 (made with o.j. instead of lemon). Thanks for sharing!