1 hr 20 mins
I made this cake over the holidays and had to share it on this site, it is the best (and highest) chiffon cake I have ever made!!! Make certain that your egg whites are room temperature before beating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 7 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 7 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Prepare an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- 3In a large bowl blend together the flour with sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4Add in oil egg yolks, orange juice, water, orange zest and vanilla; beat using an electric mixer until smooth and no sugar granules remain (about 5 minutes).
- 5In a large bowl beat room temperature egg whites until frothy then add in cream of tartar, continue beating until very stiff.
- 6Using a spatula gently fold in the egg whites into the flour/sugar mixture.
- 7Pour the batter into tube pan.
- 8Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 9Invert the pan and allow cake to cool completely (I use a en empty beer bottle for this).
- 10Run a knife around the inside of the pan to release the cake and invert onto a serving plate.
- 11To make the glaze; in a bowl whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chiffon Cake With Orange Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 348.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 55.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of