Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
You won't believe it is GLUTEN FREE!! This is my personal favorite - and comes for the Manitoba Celiac Association, Celi-Yak - Summer 1998 issue.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until very stiff and slightly dry.
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients and make a well in the centre.
- Pour in oil, egg yolks, orange rind and juice.
- Beat well with mixer until smooth - about 1 minute.
- Carefully fold egg yolk milxture into egg whites.
- Bake in ungreased angel food or bundt pan for 45 minutes @ 350°F.
- Invert pan until cold.
I really enjoyed this cake. We made an orange glaze. Even the wheat-eaters in our family thought it was good. I would definitely make it again!
Made this to take to work for a co-worker's birthday. It was really yummy. One would never know that it was gluten-free. Eight people asked for the recipe and I gladly shared. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks Ukichix!