Recipe by ukichix
You won't believe it is GLUTEN FREE!! This is my personal favorite - and comes for the Manitoba Celiac Association, Celi-Yak - Summer 1998 issue.
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until very stiff and slightly dry.
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients and make a well in the centre.
- Pour in oil, egg yolks, orange rind and juice.
- Beat well with mixer until smooth - about 1 minute.
- Carefully fold egg yolk milxture into egg whites.
- Bake in ungreased angel food or bundt pan for 45 minutes @ 350°F.
- Invert pan until cold.