Recipe by carolinafan
You'll love the fruity taste of this chicken and sweet potato combo. You will also the love the ease of preparing it in a slow cooker. Serve over rice.
Top Review by NJgal
A generally good recipe. However, this is a waste of fresh mushrooms. The other flavors totally overpower the mushrooms. You can see them, but you can't taste them. Maybe add canned at the last minute. I'd also cut down the 3.5 hours cooking tine on high. I'd take it down to under 3 hours on high.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer sweet potatoes in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2/3 cup flour and seasonings; add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Arrange chicken over sweet potatoes.
- Place remaining flour in a small bowl.
- Stir in the soup, pineapple juice, brown sugar and orange peel until blended.
- Add mushrooms; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high, 8 on low or until a meat thermometer reads 170* and potatoes are tender.
- Serve with rice.