Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You'll love the fruity taste of this chicken and sweet potato combo. You will also the love the ease of preparing it in a slow cooker. Serve over rice.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- hot cooked rice
- Layer sweet potatoes in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2/3 cup flour and seasonings; add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Arrange chicken over sweet potatoes.
- Place remaining flour in a small bowl.
- Stir in the soup, pineapple juice, brown sugar and orange peel until blended.
- Add mushrooms; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high, 8 on low or until a meat thermometer reads 170* and potatoes are tender.
- Serve with rice.