3 hrs 20 mins
You'll love the fruity taste of this chicken and sweet potato combo. You will also the love the ease of preparing it in a slow cooker. Serve over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- hot cooked rice
- 1Layer sweet potatoes in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- 2In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2/3 cup flour and seasonings; add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 4Arrange chicken over sweet potatoes.
- 5Place remaining flour in a small bowl.
- 6Stir in the soup, pineapple juice, brown sugar and orange peel until blended.
- 7Add mushrooms; pour over chicken.
- 8Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high, 8 on low or until a meat thermometer reads 170* and potatoes are tender.
- 9Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.0
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 1257.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 35.4 g