- 1 cup rice (I use brown rice)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄3 cup cherries
- 1⁄3 cup dried fruit, chopped into bits
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 chicken drumsticks or 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- In 9 inch square baking pan, mix rice, broth, orange juice, cranberries, fruit bits, and onion.
- Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture.
- Brush chicken with orange juice concentrate and sprinkle with onion powder.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.