1/1 Photo of Orange Chicken With Broccoli (Weight Watchers)
From the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. I posted it as it appears in the cookbook, but I would have liked more broccoli in it. Also, my sauce never really thickened, so I might skip the water next time and just use the juice and broth to cook the broccoli. I used the minced ginger in a jar to save time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced and peeled
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 T water
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil.
- 2Add the chicken, cook 3 minutes.
- 3Add the ginger and cook ginger and chicken 2 more minutes, or til chicken is cooked through.
- 4Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- 5In the skillet, combine the broccoli and water, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; cook, covered, until tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes.
- 6Return the chicken to the skillet; stir in the broth, orange juice, and soy sauce.
- 7Add the dissolved cornstarch; cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- 8Add the orange; heat through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chicken With Broccoli (Weight Watchers)
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 551.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 26.8 g