1/2 Photos of Orange Chicken with Almonds
1 hr 5 mins
Beautiful presentation and so flavourful! I like to serve buttered orzo and steamed asparagus alongside. The aparagus tastes so good dipped into the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, stainless-steel saucepan, brown the chicken, patted dry and seasoned with salt and pepper, in batches, in the butter over moderate-high heat, transferring it to a plate as it is browned.
- 2Pour off all but 2 tblsps of the fat from the saucepan.
- 3Add the flour mixture, cinnamon and ginger to the saucepan and cook the roux over low heat, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 4Add the orange juice in a stream, whisking.
- 5Bring the liquid to a boil, stirring, and simmer the sauce until slightly thickened.
- 6Stir in the honey, almonds and the raisins and arrange the chicken in the skillet in one layer (or as close to it as you can).
- 7Simmer the chicken, covered, for 30 minutes, or until it is tender.
- 8Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- 9Skim the fat from the sauce and reduce it over moderate-high heat until it is thick enough to coat back of spoon.
- 10Add the orange slices and heat over low heat until the slices are heated through.
- 11Nap the chicken breasts with the orange slices and some of the sauce.
- 12Pass the remaining sauce separately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chicken with Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.5
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 317.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 34.0 g