Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sake (Sparkling sake)
- 3 tablespoons aji-mirin
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar (cane sugar)
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix all the ingredients together ( except corn starch and water), and using half of the sauce, marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. (even better to marinate in the morning and cook for dinner. The longer you marinate, the more flavor, especially meat).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan, then sear chicken on both sides until brown on hight heat. Pour all of the sauce on the chicken, cover, and allow to cook over medium heat for about ten minutes. Be sure to turn chicken as it cooks. Next, mix the corn starch and water in a small bowl, then pour over the chicken as it cooks to chicken.
- Serve with sautéed spinach and sweet onions, or Vietnamese cucumber salad and white or brown rice.
- Garnish chicken with sesame seeds (roasted or raw) and chopped green onions.
- Serves 2 people.