Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup bulgur
- 2 oranges
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped seeded cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon snipped of fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- romaine leaf
- Pour boiling water over bulgur in a medium mixing bowl.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, finely shred enough peel from oranges to make 2 teaspoons peel.
- Section oranges over a bowl to catch juice.
- Cover and chill orange sections till serving time.
- Measure and reserve 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Stir together drained bulgur, orange peel, orange juice, chicken, cucumber, parsley, green onion, mint, oil, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and chill the mixture for 4 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, fold in orange sections.
- Serve on romaine-lined plates.