Recipe by Scrapbook Lori
From Quick Cooking annual cookbook. Nice, easy meal!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this to take to a neighbor's home for their supper, but had to have a taste of it before delivery ~ I had 3 extra chicken breasts I'd made the day before, so used them here! VERY, VERY TASTY CHICKEN DISH, & a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 7 ounces chicken rice pilaf mix (1 box, like rice a roni)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen carrots, sliced and thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside seasoning packet from rice mix.
- In a large skillet, cook rice mix in butter over medium heat until golden brown.
- Stir in water, orange juice, garlic powder, ginger, cayenne if desired and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and carrots.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and liquid is absorbed.