Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Dh tried this before I froze it and he loved it. I love that it has veggies in it. I only need to cook or reheat some rice and dinner is done. I might try adding orange segments and maybe some orange zest next time. The original recipe called for 1-2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes to the cornstarch mixture.
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, peel and thinly slice the stalks
- 1 lb carrot, about 5, peeled and thinly sliced
- cooked rice
- Put the cornstarch in a medium bowl and slowly whisk in the orange juice. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, honey and garlic cloves. Whisk again and set aside.
- In a 5 qt dutch oven or pot heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches on one side until lightly browned. Set aside. It will be cooked more later.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and 1/2 cup of water to the pot. Cook, partially covered until the water has evaporated and the broccoli is bright green.
- Add the chicken and cornstarch to the pot and bring to a boil. Cook until chicken is done and the sauce is thickened.
- Cool to room temp and put into 2 or more freezer containers. I use freezer bags.
- To Use: Thaw and place into a saucepan. Add 1/2 cup of water for each serving. Cover and heat over medium high heat until heated through.