My Dh tried this before I froze it and he loved it. I love that it has veggies in it. I only need to cook or reheat some rice and dinner is done. I might try adding orange segments and maybe some orange zest next time. The original recipe called for 1-2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes to the cornstarch mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, peel and thinly slice the stalks
- 1 lb carrot, about 5, peeled and thinly sliced
- cooked rice
- 1Put the cornstarch in a medium bowl and slowly whisk in the orange juice. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, honey and garlic cloves. Whisk again and set aside.
- 2In a 5 qt dutch oven or pot heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches on one side until lightly browned. Set aside. It will be cooked more later.
- 3Add the broccoli, carrots and 1/2 cup of water to the pot. Cook, partially covered until the water has evaporated and the broccoli is bright green.
- 4Add the chicken and cornstarch to the pot and bring to a boil. Cook until chicken is done and the sauce is thickened.
- 5Cool to room temp and put into 2 or more freezer containers. I use freezer bags.
- 6To Use: Thaw and place into a saucepan. Add 1/2 cup of water for each serving. Cover and heat over medium high heat until heated through.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chicken Stir Fry OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.6
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 1268.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 41.2 g