Recipe by Boomette
This is a healthy and delicious recipe for the bbq. Took in the Coup de Pouce (magazine in Quebec)
Top Review by teresas
This was enjoyed by DH and myself. There is a slight orange taste but it certainly isn't dominate. I used fresh ginger and omitted the salt because soy sauce is already on the salty side. I used Pheasant instead of chicken. Added veggies to the skewers and served it over rice. Thanks for posting. :)
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate or 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (optional)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, skin and grease removed, cut into 1-inch cube
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl, mix together orange juice, cider vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, salt and hot sauce. Pour 1/4 cup of the marinade in a bowl, add honey and mix well. Set aside.
- Add the chicken cubes to the marinade without honey and toss to coat. Cover the bowl with saran-wrap and let marinate in the fridge for 4 hours (you can prepare the chicken until this step and cover it. It will be good until the next day).
- Preheat the bbq to medium-high heat. On skewers or on soaked wooden skewers, thread chicken equally onto each skewer. Ligthly oil the grill and put the chicken skewers and baste with the marinade. Close the cover and cook for 10 minutes (turn the skewers 2 times during cooking time). Baste the skewers with a little bit of the honey marinade you set aside and cook 1 minute more. Turn the skewers, baste with the remaining honey marinade and cook 1 minute more or until the chicken is not pink inside.