Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had tried all of the orange juice concoctions and I couldn't really accept them as "orange chicken", but this one came out great and everyone seems to really like it. We have definitely been making more Chinese food at home. It is sweet, tangy and spicy (optional). Enjoy! Also you can use this with my Chinese Style Fried Chicken recipe.
- 236.59 ml orange marmalade
- 59.14 ml pineapple juice
- 59.14 ml rice wine vinegar
- 19.71 ml soy sauce
- 19.71 ml ketchup
- 4.92-9.85 ml sesame seeds
- 0.06 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes (optional)
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- Put all of the ingredients into a sauce pan; stir.
- Bring to a boil on med heat.
- Turn down low to simmer, whisking or stirring frequently till mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour over chicken or use as a dip.
- Can use orange wedges and jalapenos as garnish.
For PAC Fall 2009 ! Made this to compliment Andrea's Chinese chicken. I used Smuckers Half Sugar version of Ornage Marmalade. I like the taste but not as orangy tasting as I was hoping for. Maybe I should use full sugar marmalade & use part orange juice for the pineapple juice. My DH & did enjoy the sauce and will be making it many more times it the future. Thanks Andrea, this is an easy and flavorful keeper. I think would go great with my Fried Wontons also.
This was great served with "Chinese Style Fried Chicken". The sauce was great served over rice.