birdie #3 (andrea)'s Note:
I had tried all of the orange juice concoctions and I couldn't really accept them as "orange chicken", but this one came out great and everyone seems to really like it. We have definitely been making more Chinese food at home. It is sweet, tangy and spicy (optional). Enjoy! Also you can use this with my Chinese Style Fried Chicken recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put all of the ingredients into a sauce pan; stir.
- 2Bring to a boil on med heat.
- 3Turn down low to simmer, whisking or stirring frequently till mixture thickens.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Pour over chicken or use as a dip.
- 6Can use orange wedges and jalapenos as garnish.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chicken Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 290.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar