Recipe by birdie #3 (andrea)
I had tried all of the orange juice concoctions and I couldn't really accept them as "orange chicken", but this one came out great and everyone seems to really like it. We have definitely been making more Chinese food at home. It is sweet, tangy and spicy (optional). Enjoy! Also you can use this with my Chinese Style Fried Chicken recipe.
Top Review by Just Janie
For PAC Fall 2009 ! Made this to compliment Andrea's Chinese chicken. I used Smuckers Half Sugar version of Ornage Marmalade. I like the taste but not as orangy tasting as I was hoping for. Maybe I should use full sugar marmalade & use part orange juice for the pineapple juice. My DH & did enjoy the sauce and will be making it many more times it the future. Thanks Andrea, this is an easy and flavorful keeper. I think would go great with my Fried Wontons also.
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 drop sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all of the ingredients into a sauce pan; stir.
- Bring to a boil on med heat.
- Turn down low to simmer, whisking or stirring frequently till mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour over chicken or use as a dip.
- Can use orange wedges and jalapenos as garnish.