Recipe by jonesies
Easy to prepare and makes a great light dinner or lunch. The citrus adds a nice tang to the overall taste of this salad.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange section
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Slice and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, orange juice, oil, parsely, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, celery, orange sections, onion and cranberries. Divide among individual plates. Top with chicken. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with almonds.