Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare, and delicious as well!!
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 4 uncooked boneless chicken breast halves (or chicken pieces; e.g. legs)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- celery salt (or seanonings of choice)
- Place uncooked rice in an ungreased baking dish, then place chicken pieces over rice; top with sliced mushrooms.
- Mix Cream of Mushroom soup and orange juice and pour over chicken.
- Season as desired, then sprinkle onion soup mix evenly over casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake for 2 1/2 hours at 325 degrees F.
The kids really liked it but the grown-ups said that it was too orange-y. I would probably make this again with half the OJ and half water.