Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is what I ended up making after eating Panda Express's Orange Chicken. I started with Panda Express Orange Chicken, but I didn't want to batter and fry the chicken. Some of the measurements may not be exact because I wasn't measuring everything. We like lots of sauce, so you can play with the amounts on the sauce. It's quick and easy with simple clean up (mixed in the one pan). I hope you enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed hot red chili pepper flakes, to taste
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup water (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except the cornstarch and water in a large pan. (Add the chicken last).
- Cook on medium high heat until chicken is done.
- Dissolve some cornstarch in water (depending on how thick you want the final sauce).
- Add to bubbling pan and stir until thickened and mixed throughout.
- Serve over rice.