Recipe by Tebo
Orange and chicken compliment each other very well. Add some Triple Sec to the sauce for a real orange kick. Serve with rice or cous cous
Top Review by lisa.hates.to.paint
This chicken tasted really good! I loved the orange taste, because it wasn't too weak or too over-powering. It was a little complicated to make, but that was because I had to squeeze the oranges to get the juice and grind the orange rind instead of using orange rinds from a bottle.
- 2 lbs chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken slowly in margarine, about 15 minutes.
- Add rind, 1/4 cup orange juice, onion, paprika, ginger& tarragon.
- Cover, cook over low heat 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken to dish& arrange orange slices over chicken and keep warm.
- Blend 1/4 orange juice with cornstarch.
- Stir into sauce in pan and cook until thickened.