Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a different take on chicken curry that I got from a friend... Even kids find this one absolutely scrumptious! Serve with basmati or jasmine rice.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- cooking oil
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of chili powder 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 an onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup with toasted almond (optional)
- Toss together chicken, flour, curry powder and chili powder until chicken is well coated.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Cook chicken until browned all over, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from pot.
- Stir-fry onions till translucent
- Add broth and orange juice and bring to boil.
- Return chicken to pot and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- If needed add a teaspoon of flour if sauce is not thick to your liking.
- Add salt as desired.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix in cilantro and almonds.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
We enjoyed the chicken very much.
I had to adapted the recipe to the ingredients I have at home. For this reason I used chicken legs!
I'm preparing very often curries without "curry powder" because I mix my spieces every time in different way.
For this recipe my curry powder was a mix of: garam masala, turmeric and little tandori masala.
I used water instead of broth, because there is already chicken in the dish, but I added the almonds.
I had to wait longer as expected to serve the dish. So I put this in the oven (very low heat) and I added little water. The dish had enough time to develop his taste and come out delicious, a 5 star recipe.
Every curry mix is different, maybe with another this will be only a 3 star recipe!