Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Chicken with zing!
Make and share this Orange Chicken Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup chopped onion (, 1 medium to large)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder and paprika.
- Sprinkle over chicken.
- Set aside.
- Place onion, celery, bell peppers and garlic in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top.
- Mix orange juice, peel, honey, Worcestershire sauce and ginger.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.
This was excellent.I doubled the recipe,but not the red pepper,and it was just spicy enough.I thickened the sauce with cornstarch and served it over rice.Very good,and easy.
Excellent flavour and easy to prepare. All I changed was the orange juice. I used orange juice concentrate to intensify the flavour and it did!! I, too, thickened it a bit with cornstarch and heaped it over rice. Thank you Mirjam.
This is yummy and has super flavour.