Recipe by blucoat
A quick, easy and kid-friendly recipe from the new cookbook, "Real Family Food", by Tana Ramsay. (She is Gordon Ramsay's wife.) Serve with crusty bread or rice.
- 6 white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1inch chunks
- 3 leeks, ends removed and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (I favour skinless and boneless thighs)
- 1 dash olive oil
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh rosemary or 3 -4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 fluid ounces orange juice (90 mL)
- 4 fluid ounces chicken stock (100 mL)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the potatoes and leeks mixed together in the bottom of an oven proof dish (approx. 12 by 8 inches and at least 3 inches deep), sprinkling over a little seasoning. Place the orange slices on top of the leeks and potatoes then add on the chicken pieces. Drizzle over some olive oil and season again. Place the rosemary or thyme sprigs on the top then pour over the orange juice and chicken stock.
- Bake in the over for approximately 1 1/4 hours. Check the chicken is cooked through before serving.