8 hrs 44 mins
8 hrs 30 mins
Just Cher's Note:
This recipe comes from the Roping the tastes of Texas cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sweet red peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 medium unpeeled oranges, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1In a bowl combine the orange juice, syrup, oil, curry& cayenne.
- 2Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag, add half of the marinade.
- 3Seal bag and turn to coat.
- 4Place the peppers, zucchini, pineapple and oranges in another resealable bag and add remaining marinade.
- 5Seal bag and turn to coat.
- 6Refrigerate chicken and veggies-fruit for 8 hours or over night.
- 7Drain chicken, disgard marinade.
- 8Drain veggies and fruit, reserving marinade for basting.
- 9Grill the chicken, vegetables and fruits, uncovered over medium heat for 3 mintes on each side, basting with reserved marinade.
- 10Continue turning and basting 6-8 minutes longer until chicken juices are clear, vegetable are tender and fruits are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chicken and Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 93.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 30.7 g