Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
really sweet and filling "comfort food" casserole very fast and easy to make! a real crowd pleaser
Make and share this orange chicken and rice casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 boxes chicken rice-a-roni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups frozen carrots (sliced)
- seperate flavoring envelope from rice mix and brown rice in the butter.
- add the orange juice garlic, ginger and flavoring envelopes from the rice mix simmer for 15 minutes.
- add chicken and carrots.
- simmer until carrots are hot and rice is tender.
This was not the crowd pleaser that it was advertised as being. As a matter of fact, it was bad. No body in my family liked it and they are normally great eaters. I don't even have any ideas as to how to revise this recipe to save it from the trash can. Sorry, but I feel I should tell the truth.
I love how easy this recipe is to make and it has wonderful flavor. I did have to cook it a little longer and add about a cup more moisture in order for the rice to cook completely. (Each box calls for about 2-1/2 cups water each.) And I used the Teriyaki Chicken Rice-a-Roni this time. Very good.
Do you have a subscription to the "Quick Cooking" magazine? This recipe, and some of your others are in that...I have tried this (I got it from that magazine) and it was pretty good.