Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite picnic salad, I just love the orange and the chicken together with the pasta. Even my kids eat this salad, but who can blame its absolutely scrumptious!!and easy!!!
- 5 cups of cooked and cooled shell pasta
- 3 medium chicken breasts, cook,cooled and diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups red grapes or 1 1⁄4 cups seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 4 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned with a knife
- 1 head lettuce, chopped finely
- 1 grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a mixing bowl combne all of the salad ingredients.
- Pour vinaigrette over the top and mix lightly.
Great salad that responded well to our substitution of diced cucumber for the pasta. We also added sliced toasted almonds and a generous handful of toasted black and brown benne seeds. We tarted up the dressing with a tablespoon of Rooster garlic-chile sauce and a knob of grated ginger. Wonderful for the Super Bowl party - got eaten totally up way before other delcious options. Keeper recipe. Thanks for posting, Erica.
This is an old favorite of ours except the one I've always used did not include grated carrot and it is suggested to be served "on" a bed of lettuce. Either way this is a fabulous summertime meal salad served with crusty bread. I highly recommend it.