I remember this recipe from the country club that I waitressed at as a teenager. It was so yummy but easy to make, the sweet and tanginess of the sauce with the crunchy, toasted almonds is great for an anytime dish.
- Marinate the chicken breasts with the Italian dressing overnight.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and toast the almonds until they are golden brown; set aside.
- Heat another 2 tablespoons of oil in pan and sautee the chicken breasts until done; remove the chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken broth, orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- In the same pan used for sauteeing the chicken, put in the orange sauce mixture and cook until its a thick glaze consistency. Stir in the almonds.
- Add the chicken back to the orange sauce mixture to coat.