Recipe by Annie H
This recipe was adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I've corrected it pretty extensively as follows: altered ingredients to allow for household allergies, and instructions for baking rather than microwaving.
- 2 large chicken breasts, Chicken Breast should be skinned and boned.
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, Finely Shredded
- 1 dash cinnamon, Ground
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1" thick strips.
- Arrange rice in an even layer on the bottom of a 9" round greased casserole dish. Arrange chicken to top rice. Pour 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth and 1 cup orange juice over chicken.
- Top chicken with orange rind and cinnamon, and salt to taste.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 1 hour, checking at 45 minutes for doneness.
- Serving suggestions: chilled cucumber salad; oven potatoes baked concurrently with the chicken; fruit salad tossed with creamy or citrus dressing.