1/3 Photos of Orange Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
Juicy and tasty chicken with orange flavor. This recipe is the result of combination and remixing of recipes #388855 and #309422.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (or in strips)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (or juice of one orange)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped (canned tomatoes or some ketchup are a good substitute,but I prefere the fresh ones)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Tabasco sauce, to Taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional or to taste, I don't use it)
- 1 spring onions or 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 chicken legs (deskinned) or 4 chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken (better without skin, but up to youi!)
- 1Combine all ingredients except chicken and spring onions or chives.
- 2Marinate chicken in the sauce for 2 hours or more (best overnight).
- 3Remove chicken from marinade, place chicken tight in a baking mold and broil until nicely browned about 10 minutes per side, or grill on the BBQ.
- 4Pour marinade over chicken in the mold and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C (350°F) or until through.
- 5Top with spring onions or chives.
- 6Serve hot with fresh salad and/or grilled vegetables.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.9
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 138.7 mg
- Sodium 418.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 31.3 g