Juicy and tasty chicken with orange flavor. This recipe is the result of combination and remixing of recipes #388855 and #309422.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (or in strips)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice (or juice of one orange)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, chopped (canned tomatoes or some ketchup are a good substitute,but I prefere the fresh ones)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Tabasco sauce, to Taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional or to taste, I don't use it)
- 1 spring onions or 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 chicken legs (deskinned) or 4 chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken (better without skin, but up to youi!)
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and spring onions or chives.
- Marinate chicken in the sauce for 2 hours or more (best overnight).
- Remove chicken from marinade, place chicken tight in a baking mold and broil until nicely browned about 10 minutes per side, or grill on the BBQ.
- Pour marinade over chicken in the mold and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C (350°F) or until through.
- Top with spring onions or chives.
- Serve hot with fresh salad and/or grilled vegetables.