Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the SHARE Colorado website. Untried; am reducing this from FEEDS 100 to a more manageable four.
- 31 1⁄4 lbs chicken chunks, battered
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons cooking spray
- 3 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 gallon orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons salt
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Stir-cook onions in lightly sprayed steam-jacketed kettle or stockpot 3 minutes or until tender, stirring constantly.
- 2. Combine orange juice, flour, sugar, salt, paprika, pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder; mix well. Add onions; stir to blend.
- 3. Stir chicken gently into thickened sauce. Cover; reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes.
- 4. Pour chicken and sauce into ungreased steam table pans.