Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tender, sweet, and slightly tangy chicken breasts cooked in a orange based sauce. Orange chicken is great served over rice.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 5 ounces orange juice concentrate
- 1 ounce water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Combine salt, pepper, and flour.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and then sauté garlic until tender.
- Add chicken and sauté until browned.
- Pour the concentrated orange juice drink and water over the chicken and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes, then stir in vegetable stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add oregano, thyme, chicken stock cube, and onion; mix well, cover, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.