Recipe by Lacy S.
I found this recipe on a website and it is wonderful! Finally a recipe for orange chicken that wasn't very complicated!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken pieces and stir to coat.
- Mix 1/2 cup cornstarch and 1/4 cup flour together. Add to chicken and stir to combine.
- Heat oil to 375.
- Add chicken pieces a few at a time and fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the orange sauce and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a wok and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper, and green onions. Stir fry for 30-45 seconds.
- Add rice wine vinegar and stir for 5 seconds.
- Add orange sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken pieces and stir until coated well.
- Mix together water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth.
- Add chicken and heat until sauce is thick.
- Serve immediately.