Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A flavorful stir fry recipe originally from somewhere on the internet. Cooking time is approximate.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 " cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) package crisp chow mein noodles (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine o.j., orange zest, soy sauce, salt, garlic and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. When oil begins to bubble, add chicken. Saute until cooked through (no longer pink), about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add orange sauce mixture to chicken and cook until sauce begins to bubble. Add flour, a little at a time, until sauce has thickened to your liking. Add bean sprouts and cook for one minute; serve hot over noodles or sticky rice.
My family LOVED this recipe! I tripled it thinking my daughter can eat it for leftovers...there was nothing left for leftovers...very good reciped...I used cornstarch in place of flour and premixed it with water before adding it to the mixture other than that I did everything it called for....Its keeper in my house...my daughter asked me when am I going to make this again...LOL
Very good tasting orange chicken. I did add the cornstarch to the mixture before adding it to the meat. Came out great, also added just a bit of ginger to the mix.
My husband and I loved this recipe! I did have to add more flour than called for because the sauce did seem a little thin. Maybe because I didn't add the bean sprouts. I would have if I had them. I also used chicken thighs, which worked well. Adding this one to my recipe box! Thanks!