Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is off a realtor's ad that I found a few years ago. This is the orange cheesecake recipe I promised to share in the description of my other orange cheesecake. Time does not include chilling time.
- 20 graham cracker squares, finely ground (2 and 1/2 inch, 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks
- Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press into bottom and sides of 10" springform pan.
- Wrap outside of pan with double layer of foil.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Beat at high speed cream cheese with sugar til smooth.
- Beat in sour cream and orange peel until combined.
- Pour batter into crust.
- Place in large roasting pan on oven rack.
- Fill pn with water 1/2 the way up side of springform pan.
- Bake 1 hour 20 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from water and foil.
- Cool in pan on rack one 1 hour.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or over night.
- In pot, combine cranberries, sugar and marmalade.
- Over medium heat cook til mix simmers and cranberries start to burst 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool completely.
- Transfer to covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove cake from fridge 1 hour before serving.
- Remove side of pan.
- Transfer cake to serving plate.
- Serve spread with topping.