Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 (330 g) packet orange cake mix
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 orange, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 300 g sour cream
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C.
- Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm pan (lamington pan).
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, egg and milk until combined using low speed.
- Continue beating on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until tests cooked.
- Cool in pan.
- Place 1/3 cup orange juice in a heat proof bowl.
- Sprinkle over gelatine and stir.
- Microwave on 100% power for 30 seconds.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sour cream, orange rind and gelatine mixture.
- Blend well.
- Spread over cake base.
- Refridgerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares to serve.
This recipe came together nicely, a simple and easy dessert / slice. I used a choc cake mix (black and gold store brand) as I couldn't find any orange and topped the slice off with some flaked chocolate. As my orange wasn't overly sweet I couldnt resist adding a little caster sugar to the cheesecake mix...I added almost 1/4 cup I guess. A nice mix of flavours.