Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dessert is elegant enough to serve at a dinner party and everyone will think it took you hours to prepare. A light dessert that won't make you feel heavy. It states that you should have a pastry bag with fitted tips to make a pretty presentation, but you can just spoon it into a parfait glass or even wine glasses. Garnishing is up to you. Chocolate curls, a strawberry fan, a few blueberries on top. Go wild and enjoy. Cook time does not include chill time.
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed or 8 ounces other frozen whipped topping
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- red food coloring (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- In a lrg. saucepan, combine orange juice and marmalade; cook and stir over medium heat until melted and blended.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into marmalade mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Cool completely. Fold into thawed Cool whip. Tint with yellow and red food coloring if desired working with 1 drop of each at a time so as not to make too dark.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat the milk and vanilla pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir into cream cheese mixture.
- ***The next step is if you're using a pastry bag. If not using, then spoon into glasses and spoon Cool whip/orange mixture on top. Chill. Garnish before serving.***.
- Cut a large hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag ( or a zip lock type of bag); fill half full with with the cream cheese mixture. Press bag slightly and carefully to flatten. Pipe into glasses. Repeat with remaining mixture. Cut a small hole in another pastry bag; insert star tip No. 21 (or just the star tip number whatever). Fill this bag with the Cool whip/orange mixture and pipe in a swirl design on top of cream cheese mixture. Chill. Garnish before serving.