Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Rejuvenating my go-to "cheesecake" recipe, I add a spritz of orange juice and zest, and replace the graham cracker with a chocolate sandwich cookie. Orange and chocolate pair beautifully: the former is floral and sweet; the latter, deep and bitter. This is what you want to eat with friends in the sun, or as a solitary treat; the perfect balance between high and low, citrusy spritz and dark melancholy—as summer should be.
- Cohere the cookie crumbs and butter into a dampened sand. Line the bottom of a spring-form pan with this, packing down with your fingers.
- In a bowl, cream together the cheese, sugar, vanilla, orange zest and juice, and lemon juice.
- In a larger bowl, whip the heavy cream until you've got stiff peaks.
- Fold the cheese mixture into the whipped cream until combined.
- Pour this "cheesecake" into the prepared pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is best).
- Top with fresh orange slices.