1 hr 20 mins
Mary Scheffert's Note:
I got this recipe from my Dad, who got it off a recipe card. Not satisfied with the orange flavor of the original recipe, I tweaked a few ingredients to make it more intense. You can use your own graham cracker crust recipe if you prefer; we like the store-bought Oreo (dark chocolate) crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 inches Oreo cookie pie crusts (I use Keebler brand)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed & undiluted
- 2 medium whole navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure orange extract
- chocolate curls (optional)
- 1Using a microplane grater or the smallest holes on a box grater, zest one entire orange onto a plate or into a bowl; set aside, and refrigerate zested orange for a later use.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth, making sure there are no lumps; add sugar and mix well.
- 3Add eggs and egg yolk; then add orange juice concentrate, orange zest, flour, vanilla extract& orange extract and mix until thoroughly combined, scraping down sides& bottom of bowl frequently to make sure all of the cream cheese is incorporated.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Place prepared pie crust in center of a cookie sheet (preferably without sides).
- 6Brush crust with some of the orange juice concentrate.
- 7Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared crust and bake 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set but still wiggles slightly when shaken gently (cheesecake will continue to cook after removing from oven).
- 8Remove cheesecake from oven, and let cool thoroughly on a wire rack (without the cookie sheet).
- 9When cooled to room temperature, refrigerate cheesecake for several hours.
- 10While cheesecake is chilling, remove some of the rind from the second orange with a vegetable peeler or citrus zester, being careful to only remove the orange part (the white pith is bitter).
- 11If using a vegetable peeler, cut the pieces of rind into very thin julienne strips; set aside.
- 12Make chocolate curls by scraping a large chocolate bar with a heavy knife, holding knife at a 90-degree angle to bar.
- 13When ready to serve, place a mound of the chocolate curls in center of cheesecake; sprinkle with julienned strips of orange.
- 14Refrigerate any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 288.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g