Recipe by lilypad722
I found this in a taste of home magazine and it was such a delicious dessert i just had to post if here so i won't lose it. Cook time is chill time.
- 3 (3 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange
- 3 maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Add juices, orange peel and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Set bowl in ice water until mixture is syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- When gelatin mixture begins to thicken, fold in whipped cream.
- Lightly coat a 9-in. springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour mixture into pan; chill overnight.
- Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with oranges and cherries.